Are you a production-minded individual with a strong audio technical background and a real passion for sound? Do you have an aptitude for project management?
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a highly organized Audio Technical Manager to drive infrastructure and audio technology initiatives. If you possess a strong audio technical background and have an aptitude for project management, we want to hear from you! The role will involve a wide-range of duties that include planning and executing on new initiatives to optimize operations on the team, as well as collaborating with production leadership to identify and resolve audio technology and infrastructure issues across multiple teams.
- Plan and execute infrastructure/tech-related policies and initiatives
- Manage the support system for audio software and hardware related issues
- Manage and optimize the purchase, deployment, maintenance, and tracking of audio software and hardware assets
- Identify, communicate, and resolve roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent on-time and high-quality delivery
- Communicate with production leadership and team leads on project status, risks, and opportunities
- Collaborate with other departments at Blizzard and establish a good working relationship
- 3-4 years in a technical support engineer or technical project management role, with emphasis on audio technology
- Expert knowledge of audio signal flow and the assembly of audio workstations
- Experience deploying and maintaining audio software
- Experience in software license administration
- Experience in budget management and contracting vendors
- Thorough knowledge of Digital Audio Workstations, including Pro Tools
- Able to accurately and efficiently handle a large volume of assignments
- Proficient with Mac and Windows platforms
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Persistent self-motivation with an ability to work under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Blizzard IP
- Experience with JIRA and Shotgun
Required Application Materials
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
Job Status: Fulltime
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise). We are a community of 5000+ global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. We’ve worked hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.