Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate Creative Lead to expand and lead development for multiple unannounced projects. As a Creative Lead, you will foster Blizzard’s core value of “Gameplay First” as you collaborate with art, design, engineering, sound, and production to rally around a consistent vision for the IP. Your influence will touch worldbuilding, story development, artistic tone, and more.
We are a team of passionate developers that highly value open-minded collaboration, direct feedback, and the eagerness to grab and drive the development and worldbuilding processes to Blizzard quality. As a Creative Lead on the team, you will inspire and align the team around creative vision and goals. When particularly hard problems arise, you'll draw upon the team's collective creativity to finalize a creative vision that meets the project's needs.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience expanding and leading IP development and worldbuilding efforts for modern AAA titles. Additionally, the candidate will possess an exceptional ability to inspire large teams and pitch/evangelize ideas as part of a larger-scale creative framework. By blending your mastery of design and creative direction, you will rally and align teams around building epic, memorable experiences.
Your portfolio should include references to personal contributions made in IP development and worldbuilding.
- Partner with leadership to expand and lead worldbuilding activities
- Evangelize creative vision both internally within the team and externally across the larger organization, ensuring the correct creative partners are involved and informed throughout the development process
- Prioritize and focus development efforts dependent on the current phase of development and the project's needs while keeping an eye towards long-term vision and shielding the team from unneeded distractions
- Lead project writers' rooms to break story and narrative while ensuring a safe and productive environment for participants
- Create pitches, content briefs, and key story outlines, ensuring that they prioritize "Gameplay First" and are complementary to the project's vision
- Gather and provide effective and constructive feedback to the creative staff, providing suggestions and solutions for improvement when applicable
- Ensure consistency, authenticity, and harmony across all worldbuilding, story, cinematics, and development efforts
- Help steer strategic creative decisions and ensure consistency of vision with all efforts related to the project
- Remain current on industry trends including: new game genres, new game design methods and techniques, and trending audio visual excellence.
- 6+ years of experience shipping AAA titles in design roles
- Multiple shipped titles in a lead role with oversight of a design group or creative discipline
- Demonstrated ability to communicate product vision and to align creative vision with internal partners and an intended market
- Exceptional ability to conceptualize, pitch, and implement game concepts using various tools, technology, and visual language
- Ability to direct, collaborate, and speak critically on story, art, and content development
- Collaborative and progressive thinker capable of inspiring large teams toward a unified goal
- Clear understanding of the creative and game development processes
- A deep passion for and knowledge of Blizzard franchises.
- Previous experience as a lead designer or creative director
- Deep understanding of world design, cinematics, and narrative design
- Previous management experience leading large groups.
- Resume which must include:
- A link to your portfolio so that we can see examples of your work.
- Cover Letter which must include: (Recommended)
- Why you are interested in joining Blizzard Entertainment
- Your experience and relationship with Blizzard games
- What games you are currently playing.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.