The Call of Duty League Stats Producer would be responsible for curating stats for research, narrative development and on-air graphics in support of all Call of Duty league broadcasts.
This position would need to work closely with broadcast producers, talent and observers. Strong game knowledge is a must, as well as experience in analytics. The ideal candidate would have past experience as a stats producer either in esports or traditional sports. Control room/production truck experience as well as familiarity with broadcast workflows is preferred.
Areas of Focus
- Develop storylines and data points based on own research and more intricate metrics provided by CDL analytics team
- Develop ideas for various forms of content for studio/remote production teams and help facilitate the execution of those ideas into graphics, segments, pieces and more
- Provide weekly research notes to internal production staff to help inform of noteworthy patterns and nuggets
- Recognize and anticipate league and team trends, applying appropriate statistics to create content across multiple platforms
- Assist production team with CDL data research tools and systems
- Ensure accuracy of data before distribution
- 3+ years in Esports/sports analytics and statistics gathering
- Experience with professional analytics of esports statistics is a plus
- Experience with statistical modeling
- Great communications skills to communicate and distill finer analytical data points
- High-level statistics training and experience
- Recording statistics as events happen
- Auditing stats with play-by-play
- Preparing final stats for league records
- Preparing final and mid-game summary reports for the media
- Keeping up to date on changes in statistical scoring
- A passion for gaming and gaming culture
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Resume (PDF is preferred)
- Cover Letter which should include:
Why you are interested in working in Blizzard Broadcasting
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.