Veteran programmers, are you ready to bring your passion and talent to join one of the most amazing opportunities in gaming? Our latest original IP, Overwatch, is powered by a brand new in-house engine that enables over-the-top gameplay and visuals. Are you an enthusiastic and experienced engine programmer to join this team to help us write and maintain the engine code? You will be responsible for developing systems on multiple platforms, working in areas like core architecture, scene and entity systems, memory management, data storage and delivery systems and formats, and whatever else needs to be done to extend the Overwatch engine to support future Blizzard games and be the best experience possible across all the platforms we support. We’re an intensely collective group, and very passionate about the games we’re making. If you thrive in an environment that values communication and knowledge, drop us a line!
We're seeking a Senior Engine Programmer that shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work.
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful.
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes.
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback.
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success.
- We have passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology.
- Chip in to the development and discussions surrounding overall engine architecture
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and engineers to develop and refine key systems which used by multiple game titles
- Design, implement and develop tools for designers and artists, including platform specific engine implementation
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
- Advanced knowledge of C / C++
- A minimum of 5 years’ application programming experience
- Experience working with game engines
- Strong proficiency in mathematics (linear algebra, trigonometry)
- Able to communicate with non-technical users
- Experience working in a synergetic team environment and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Customer service attitude with an eye for efficiency and workflow
- Advanced understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Strong debugging skills
- Familiar with state-of-the-art rendering techniques, shader development and graphics hardware and API’s
- Detailed knowledge of animation, camera control, and lighting
- Experience shipping game titles
- Interest in workflow automation
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.