The Hearthstone team is looking for a 3D modeler with a focus on environment and other non-character assets. Your many talents and creativity will help continue to add quality art to Hearthstone in a way that continues to build on the handcrafted/illustrative feel to the game that we are known for.
Are you the type who wishes to be a part of a small, close-knit team of creatives whose greatest dream is to make valuable contributions to a game you feel passionately about? Then we want to talk with you.
- Craft 3D models throughout the game including the playful game boards, card packs, varying pieces of the mission related content or the newest card backs all in the fun/whimsical style that is synonymous with Hearthstone’s tackle the World of Warcraft.
- You will work closely with the rest of the art team to maintain a consistent and always improving aesthetic across all the assets in the game via quick prototyping and critiques.
- You will develop relationships with the design, engineering and UI teams to help maintain a “Gameplay First” approach to game development.
- Proven ability to model and texture hard surface/rigid objects within a range of styles (painterly to realistic)
- Skilled in developing artwork that works across a wide range of system configurations (looks great on the newest graphics chips but still holds up on a variety of mobile devices)
- Exceptional understanding of principles including form, shape, composition, design and how they relate to video game development specifically
- Superior eye for lighting, value, color and details and the ability to use them in building breathtaking textures, concept art and illustrations
- Self-motivation, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability/want to work in teams
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- A real passion for games
- Deep understanding of the Unity engine and previous experience with Playmaker and its various components
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts including but not limited to painting, sculpture, figure drawing, illustration.
- Passion for crafting charming and light-hearted imagery and a love of the Hearthstone aesthetic
- Previous game production experience
- Strong technical background that allows for heightened problem solving and a deeper knowledge of the pipeline and tools
- Previous experience with/a passion for visual FX and animation
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- Be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.