The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard Entertainment quality assurance (QA). We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living, and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
Imagine a world that is under a constant threat of dark, destructive forces; evil powers that cause Diablo to crash just as players are about to reach level 70, trigger the Zeppelin to drop characters off in the middle of the ocean, and prevent Raynor from being able to attack the Dominion. There is terror in the air. Players all around the world are paralyzed; filled with despair as they stare at their screens in shock. This is where you come in: a hero who will embark on a series of quests to uncover bugs, find defects, and right what is wrong to bring peace to players across the globe.
We are looking for an analytical advocate of quality. As a test analyst, you will contribute to the testing efforts by generating test documentation, providing early feedback to shape the product, and executing test cases. Your critical thinking skills, and passion for improving our processes will give gamers the best experiences in the arena.
- Partner with test stakeholders to collaboratively identify and meet test objectives.
- Draft test plans with a strategic selection of test methods and approach.
- Analyze and prioritize the value of manual testing for automation.
- Develop test suites, cases, estimations, and report on durations.
- Execute test, document test results, and measure impact.
- Report on the user experience and test results, escalating when necessary.
- Understand design tenets and be an oracle of knowledge for a component, system, or feature.
- Ensure test tool data is high quality, fully traceable, and updated daily.
- Document and maintain all necessary testware.
- Participate in test closure activities; e.g. testware evaluation, knowledge transfer, and retrospectives.
- Coach and mentor other test analysts.
- Champion the customer experience at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in software testing
- Certified ISTQB advanced test analyst or equivalent
- Experience with build systems, continuous integration, and test values for such an environment
- Experience with game engines, content and asset editors, and shared technologies
- Able to analyze and interpret data / workflows, recognize critical issues, and raise concerns
- Understands various software development life cycle best practices
- Domain knowledge expertise
- Passion for video games and software quality
- Gray box and white box testing experience
- Experience with application lifecycle and test case management software development planning tools
- Familiar with Blizzard’s line of products and services
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.