Join the team dedicated to making the Nexus run! In this role, you’ll help drive the software behind the Heroes of the Storm servers to enable us to build features faster, better, and more reliably than ever before. You will work to continuously improve the entire cycle of software, from the first day it is written until it has been running in production for years.
- Build software that enables change across the team
- Create tools and developer workflows
- Improve our core server architecture for reliability and availability
- Continuously improve our build, deployment, and configuration pipelines
- Work with engineering and operations teams throughout Blizzard
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent deductive reasoning and thoroughness
- Passion for learning from iterations, and making every change better than the last.
- C++ programming experience
- Scripting language experience (Python preferred)
- Library & API development experience
- Web services and web applications background
- Large C++ codebase experience
- C++11 (14/17) experience
- Root Cause Analysis / Live Incident Debugging
- C# experience
- Server & Distributed Systems programming experience
- Build automation and scripting experience (e.g., Jenkins)
- Database development experience (e.g., MySQL)
- Linux & networking experience
- Cloud deployment experience
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.