Wanted: Legendary Hearthstone Mission Designer. Dead or Alive! (The latter is preferred.)
We are searching for a talented designer to join the ranks of our development team with a focus on designing adventures and missions that flesh out the lively, ludicrous world of Hearthstone and highlight fun new mechanics.
Candidates should have an in-depth knowledge of Hearthstone and working knowledge of card-game mechanics. Most importantly, designers should have experience elegantly telling stories through gameplay and a broad understanding of recent games. Familiarity with the Warcraft universe is a definite plus.
- Design compelling Hearthstone missions using Hearthstone design principles.
- Enhance the storytelling of Hearthstone using: card names, concepts, flavor text, and game mechanics that highlight the world, characters, and story.
- Implement in-game missions using simple scripting languages.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Hearthstone’s tools, and contribute to the ongoing development of new tools for designers.
- Continual iteration on mission design based on team feedback and playtests.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a game design role with at least one shipped title.
- Absolute passion for playing and making video games, especially with Blizzard Entertainment products and the Warcraft universe.
- A positive and self-driven attitude with the ability to be collaborative in a team environment.
- Excellent storytelling instincts and experience telling stories interactively with gameplay (as opposed to passively, with cut-scenes or other interruptions).
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Achieved “Legendary” status in Hearthstone
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the Warcraft lore
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with and current rank in Hearthstone
- Describe a single Hearthstone mission encounter and explain why it would be fun in 2 paragraphs or less.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.