Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are bright, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for YOU!
Blizzard’s IT PMO is seeking an enthusiastic, passionate, intelligent and collaborative PMO Manager to join our remarkable team. You’ll be leading a team of IT program/project managers overseeing the Battle.net platform and Web & Mobile program areas. You’re a highly organized leader skilled in managing teams and possess superior knowledge of project management styles and processes, has excellent communication skills and is able to adapt to shifting priorities. If this is you, we want to hear from you. Our unique blend of challenges, opportunities, environment, and people all make Blizzard the studio worthy of your career.
The primary focus of this role is driving the successful execution of all projects across an assigned program area while consistently raising the PM standards. You will manage multiple complex IT/Infrastructure projects in partnership with the development organizations, and will be deeply familiar with all activity within your program area. We want someone who thrives on seeking out opportunities to share learnings and best practices. Most important? You’re an excellent people manager, and can still balance your daily program responsibilities. Responsibilities
- Mastery of tools and processes available to successfully run a project.
- Able to identify order of importance and urgency among individual projects, portfolios and other tasks.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with resources, stakeholders, colleagues and leaders. Accountable for committing to accurately delivering against stakeholder needs.
- Partner engagement: Understands when to engage, who to engage, and the appropriate method for the circumstances.
- Influence: Leverage relationships and other soft skills to influence without authority.
- Produce effective results: Ensure project goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achieved on schedule.
- Drives for full inclusion of every team member.
- Actively mentor less senior members of the team.
- Act as the central point of contact for all program area questions or issues.
- Assume accountability of tracking, monitoring, removing roadblocks and reporting for assigned program area. Deliver high quality service to stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement within designated program area. Always thinking about how to optimize, refine, and do more with less.
- Drive service availability: Drive the post incident process.
- Set a positive example through daily actions, provide direction, think broadly and collaboratively.
- Plan project milestones / tasks, schedules, and resources.
- Communicate schedules, updates, status, major decisions, risks, and blockers.
- Requirements gathering: Includes appropriate stakeholders to properly collect comprehensive requirements.
- Facilitate or create appropriate project documentation. Define and socialize standards.
- Written communication: Effective, situationally appropriate, clear, and high quality. Ability to communicate across all levels including stakeholders.
- Verbal communication: Audience appropriate, respectful, and inclusive. Able to communicate across all levels.
- Build high functioning and healthy teams.
- Build and execute plans to develop talent in the organization.
- Perform performance appraisals, mid-year calibrations, time sheet management, compensation planning, and act as the advocate for implementing company directives.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the IT organization and spearheading the execution.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing employees
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience managing projects
- Understanding of large scale infrastructure projects, terminology and technologies
- Experience managing projects supporting a 24/7, 365 available service
- Expert knowledge of project management methodologies, Agile, Scrum, and Kanban preferred
- Strong leadership skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Able to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Scrum Master certification
- MS Project certification
- A passion for video games
Required Application Materials
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.