Activision Blizzard Esports’ Call of Duty League events team is looking for an experienced associate events manager with experience to conceptualize, develop, lead and fully execute a variety of multifaceted events.
This Associate Events Manager, Call of Duty League will have the creative and project management skills to directly conceptualize, design, pre-plan, and execute a variety of events. They must be able to work quickly and efficiently, to multitask with a high-volume workload, and to remain productive and positive in high-pressure situations -- Impeccable organizational and time-management skills are an absolute must.
Are you a self-starter who can take direction but doesn’t need it? Are you the type of person who can work quickly to solve challenges? When you attend events do you find yourself thinking about how you would have done it differently? If you’re someone who likes video games, fantasy, sci-fi, graphic novels, technology or other geeky things, so much the better.
- Manage all details of event production, including conceptualizing, designing, preplanning (events briefs, milestone and production schedules, scenic design, logistics, vendor selection, etc.) and fully executing consumer, media, and other large events.
- Manage design, build, and logistics for events.
- Manage and reconcile event budgets.
- Negotiate and manage event-related contracts and financial agreements.
- Establish event KPIs and drive comprehensive post-event analysis and reporting.
- Proactively create and distribute event materials such as, but not limited to, event briefs, task sheets, milestone schedules, floor plans, show flows/scripts, and production schedules to appropriate internal and externals parties with enough time to allow for evaluation and feedback prior to event- related deliverables.
- Manage projects ensuring that all events are executed at the highest quality.
- Evaluate all aspects of events, including processes and procedures, with the goal of improving quality as well as cost and time efficiencies.
- Assist with League events including transportation, drayage, electrical, installation and dismantle labor, event staff, internet, audio visual requirements, in-venue entertainment, giveaways, and travel accommodations.
- Actively seek out and maintain knowledge of event design and production.
- Other related duties as required.
- 4+ years’ experience in event planning and production
- Experience planning events for 500+ attendees
- A passion for events and esports
- Impeccable organizational and time-management abilities
- Exceptional creative and logistical problem-solving skills
- Self-starting with the ability to handle multiple demanding projects simultaneously
- Remarkable attention to detail as well as ability to understand the big picture
- Experience with event broadcast in any of its various forms
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
- Ability to maximize resources and establish productive business relationships internally and with vendors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a service-oriented attitude
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel for the role as well as work nights and weekend per event schedule
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Portfolio of images for events they were directly responsible for as well as samples of the documents they used to produce and manage the events.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.