Pull up a chair and join us! The Hearthstone team is looking for a talented mid-level or senior game designer to help build game systems for Hearthstone. Primary duties will include designing major game features for Hearthstone, working with other parts of the team to follow up on implementation details, and maintaining existing game systems. Additional duties will include working closely with other design teams to help with UI or designing new cards or building other Hearthstone content. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in game systems design, outstanding people skills, and a strong understanding of different player types.
- A minimum of 2 years’ game systems design experience including experience on a shipped product
- Experience designing simple to understand yet still deep game systems
- Demonstrated ability to analyze game systems for their strengths and weakness
- A passion for collectible card games
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Self-starter with strong initiative and self-motivation
- Absolute passion for playing and making computer games
- A strong understanding of all player types
- Experience designing for a CCG or CCG-like game.
- Extensive knowledge of Hearthstone
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- How much Hearthstone you have played
- Imagine Hearthstone was considering a redesign of Ranked Mode. Please submit a design proposal, addressing what you believe are the challenges of the current Ranked Mode, and providing a rationale for the new design.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.