Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an engineer to lead all gameplay UI & simulation on an unannounced mobile title. The ideal candidate is passionate about providing high-level direction, supporting a team of engineers, and pitching in as needed with day-to-day development. Each member of our team will have the chance to have a big impact on the overall design, artistic vision, and technology of a new mobile game.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Collaborate with engineers, artists, designers, & producers to identify short-term and long-term tasks
- Support team members by evaluating performance and establishing career goals
- Assess the architectural requirements of incoming work to ensure system cohesion
- Find and remove roadblocks impeding the gameplay team
- Review implementations for adherence to coding guidelines & robustness
- Track tech debt accrual and schedule follow-up based on a cost-benefit analysis
- Triage incoming incidents by prioritizing urgency and assigning to appropriate team members for follow-up
- Individually contribute to gameplay systems as needed and available
- Fluency in C++ or C#
- At least 5 years of professional game programming
- Effective communication skills with developers of all technical skill level and backgrounds
- A drive to regularly self-improve as an engineer and leader
- A passion for Blizzard games
- Previous experience managing engineers
- Previous experience developing mobile games
- Experience with Unity development
- Experience with IMGUI or other rapid GUI development frameworks
- Familiarity with git version control
- User interface implementation experience
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.