This is a paid, part-time remote contracting position with an expected 15-20 hours per week via a third party vendor.
Tespa is the world's largest provider of college esports tournaments and campus support programs. We believe in a world where gaming is celebrated by people of all ages, recognized as a force for good, and a catalyst for bringing people together.
We’re looking for a talented community manager who is passionate about mentoring a subset of our 250+ collegiate gaming chapters in North America. The person in this role will work closely with our Tespa Community team to execute initiatives in campus event support, career development, philanthropy, community service, and club leadership. He or she will manage the day-to-day interactions with our chapter leaders and champion their needs to internal stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate is motivated, flexible, empathetic, and has an excellent understanding of the collegiate esports ecosystem.
- Investigate, ideate, and implement new practices and projects that benefit Tespa chapter leaders
- Coordinate consultations and mentorship sessions for Tespa chapter leaders
- Relay and uphold chapter program requirements, processes, benefits, and opportunities to Tespa chapter leaders
- Coordinate communication between HQ and the Tespa chapter network
- Collect and relay regular reports on Tespa chapter health, performance, and sentiment
- Assist in the execution of new community program projects and initiatives
- Act as a public-facing representative of Tespa and communicate on behalf of the brand to club leaders, members, and students across multiple channels
- Exceptional understanding of Tespa programs, culture, and values
- Willing to travel
- Experience with Google Sheets and familiarity with Google Suite
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and initiative; impeccable time management and organization
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Be comfortable and effective working remote, independently and as a part of a team
- Tespa chapter leader, grassroots organizer, or equivalent experience
- Experience communicating with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Customer service, recruiting, or sales background
- Proven track record of successful involvement in and passion for collegiate and/or grassroots gaming communities
- Experience with project management practices and software
- A passionate gamer across multiple franchises
- Cover Letter
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Esports
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.