We are seeking a brave Lead Gameplay Engineer to bridge engineering and content creation as we set off together to explore new territory!
You’ll join a small team of developers working on the core elements of an exciting new mobile Blizzard game. You will play a key role in shaping both the game and our team on our quest to bring together players from all over the world.Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with designers and artists to achieve and extend the vision of the game
- Partner with the entire engineering team to guide gameplay from project infancy into a full-fledged gameplay team
- Understand and articulate the trade-offs between content & feature creation and technical choices
- Strong engineering skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate with all departments to build a gameplay codebase from the beginning all the way to production
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical developers
- Comfortable wandering around unexplored game design territory, and excited to help refine ideas into shippable features
- Fluent in C++ and experience in secondary languages (eg: Python, Lua or C#)
- Previous leadership/mentorship experience or leadership interest and potential
- Experience building client/server network games
- Passion for co-op, role-playing or other Blizzard games
- Experience shipping mobile games
- Experience in other areas of game development (UI, Client, Server, Tools)
- Experience developing with off-the shelf engine (Unity, Unreal) or custom game engines
- Previous experience as a lead on a shipping/live game
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.