Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are bright, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you Blizzard is seeking a high performing Senior Program Manager to join a team of IT Program Managers partnering with our platform and game teams (Starcraft, Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch or Battle.net). The IT PM’s are the central point of contact and liaison between the IT organization and the game development teams. The ideal candidate possesses superior knowledge of project management styles and processes, hardware and infrastructure technologies, and managing live services.
The primary function of this role is embedding with a game or platform development team and managing all IT related projects. You will also partner with IT Service Engineers to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Mastery of tools and processes available to successfully run a project/event
- Ability to identify order of importance and urgency among individual projects, portfolios and operational tasks
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with resources, stakeholders, colleagues and leaders.
- Produce effective results: Ensure project goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achieved on schedule
- Assume accountability of tracking, monitoring, removing roadblocks and reporting for assigned program area. Delivering high quality service to stakeholders
- Drive continuous improvement within designated program area. Always thinking about how to optimize, refine, and do more with less
- Drive service availability: Drive the post incident process
- Actively mentor less senior members of the team
- Planning project milestones/tasks, schedules and resources
- Communicate schedules, updates, status, major decisions, risks and blockers
- Requirements gathering: Includes appropriate stakeholders to properly collect comprehensive requirements
- Facilitate or create appropriate project documentation. Define and socialize standards
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing projects.
- Expert knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
- Strong Leadership.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
- A passion for video games.
- Mastery of Atlassian product suite.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Scrum Master Certification.
- MS Project Certification.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.