Blizzard Entertainment’s global esports events team is looking for an experienced events manager with applied skills to conceptualize, develop, lead and fully execute a variety of multifaceted esports events. A solid understanding of esports from both a competitive and a business perspective is a must, and a love for traditional sports, video games, fantasy, Sci-Fi, or the like is a huge plus.
This events manager will have the creative, technical, marketing communication, and project management skills to directly conceptualize, design, pre-plan, and execute intimate to massive events. Their creative problem-solving skills must be stellar, they must be able to work quickly and efficiently, to multitask with a high-volume workload, and to remain productive and positive in high-pressure situations -- Impeccable organizational and time-management skills are an absolute must.
This person will believe in the power of esports events to engage, entertain, promote, and inform as an extension of the game. They will partner with various internal teams including esports, IT, game development, marketing, PR, and community to skillfully gather, analyze, and distill goals and expectations. They must have the ability to create and communicate a clear vision for an event founded in disciplined communication goals, and then use a process-driven approach to execute the smallest details to the highest standards.
Can you obsess on the details while keeping the big picture in mind? Are you a self-starter who can take direction but doesn’t need it? Are you the type of person who can work quickly to solve challenges? When you attend events do you find yourself thinking about how you would have done it differently? If you’re someone who likes video games, fantasy, sci-fi, graphic novels, technology or other geeky things, so much the better. You may be our ideal candidate!
- Create groundbreaking experiences, with a global reach, in response to highly-developed goals and communication objectives.
- Comprehensively manage all details of event production, including conceptualizing, designing, preplanning (events briefs, milestone and production schedules, venue selection, scenic design, logistics, vendor selection, etc.) and fully executing, trade, consumer, media, launch, and other events.
- Manage scenic design, build, and logistics for events.
- Develop, manage, and reconcile event budgets. Assist with annual departmental budget development.
- Negotiate and manage event-related contracts and financial agreements.
- Establish event KPIs and drive comprehensive post-event analysis and reporting.
- Create and distribute event materials such as, but not limited to, event briefs, task sheets, milestone schedules, floor plans, show flows / scripts, and production schedules to appropriate internal and externals parties with enough time to allow for evaluation and feedback prior to event.
- Manage projects insuring that all events are executed at the highest quality. Proactively plan and updates milestone schedule with internal and external partners to allow adequate time for event-related deliverables.
- Evaluate all aspects of events, including processes and procedures, with the goal of improving quality as well as cost and time efficiencies.
- Actively seek out and maintain knowledge of event design and production.
- Identify, vet, and manage vendors that share Blizzard’s expectations for quality, efficiency, and excellence. Develop and carefully maintain productive business relationships with external vendors as well as internal work associates.
- Other related duties as required.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in event planning and production
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an esports-related position
- Experience planning events for 1000+ attendees
- Experience in personnel and / or resource management
- A passion for events, esports, and video games
- Impeccable organizational and time-management abilities
- Exceptional creative and logistical problem-solving skills
- Self-starting with the ability to handle multiple demanding projects simultaneously
- Remarkable attention to detail as well as ability to understand the big picture
- Experience with event broadcast in its various forms
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Able to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
- Able to maximize resources and establish productive business relationships internally and with vendors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a service-oriented attitude
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why they are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games they are currently playing
- Portfolio of images for events they were directly responsible for as well as samples of the documents they used to produce and manage the events
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.