Here at Blizzard, we pride ourselves in having the passion, drive and creativity to forge amazing worlds and experiences for our players to dive into! To accomplish these epic goals, we need smart, driven people with amazing talents. We are looking for a Senior Concept Artist to join our team on an unannounced project. This is a super creative role for an artist with a vibrant imagination coupled with a high degree of artistic skill. You will be expected to assist in defining the overall look and feel of a wide variety of characters, weapons, environments and other elements. This role requires a strong sense of design as well as the ability to render highly detailed concepts and tone pieces. We value a tight-knit team that celebrates artistic passion and pushing creative boundaries. If you have the desire to push your talents to help us create an awesome Blizzard entertainment experience, then join us!
- Create character, creature, and structural concepts, including character sheets and first- and third-person views
- Create environmental concepts that include landscapes, architectural designs, props, and occasional mood paintings
- Create polished illustrations
- Iterate on in-game assets with production artists via paintovers, studies, and group critiques
- Work with the art director and other team leads to flesh out and expand the setting for this project.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- 5+ years’ experience as a concept artist working on AAA games
- Strong understanding of digital content creation tools such as Photoshop and Painter
- Excellent illustration skills, deep understanding of composition, anatomy, color theory, values, form, shape language, and silhouette
- An exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy, with a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette with regards to illustration and design
- Able to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished illustration, and an understanding of how to adapt these ideas to real-time game environments
- A passion for video games.
- Previous experience working on first-person or action-oriented games
- Working knowledge of 3D art techniques and software packages such as Maya, 3Ds Max, or Zbrush
- Experience creating matte paintings
- Experience concepting VFX
- Leadership or mentoring experience
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a concept artist.
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter (optional)
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.