We are seeking an enthusiastic senior software engineer to be a key contributor and leader for the Diablo universe. You will find simple solutions for complex problems, loves being part of small but agile teams, and wants to push games to new heights.
We’re a strongly collaborative group, passionate about our projects, and looking to build compelling features to keep players engaged for years to come.Responsibilities
- Work closely with external teams to maintain Blizzard quality on current platforms
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and fellow programmers to develop and refine key systems
- Tackle a wide variety of unrivaled challenges that come along with a live product
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues
- Investigate opportunities for the future of the Diablo franchise
- Passion for Diablo universe
- A minimum of 5 years game development experience
- Fluent in C++
- Able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Knowledge of rendering architecture and associated APIs (shaders, animation, skinning, lighting, and special effects)
- Strong math skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, etc.)
- Experience developing on multiple platforms
- Computer science, EE, mathematics, physics, or related degree
- Familiarity with other Blizzard products
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.