Members of the Blizzard Entertainment's Overwatch team are passionate gamers at heart - driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. We spend our days collaborating and iterating on everything that goes into the game: from placing health packs to dreaming up the craziest “Play of the Game” animations.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced engineer who shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success
- We have real passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology
This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
As an AI engineer on the Overwatch team, you will be part of a talented and passionate team developing a world class gameplay experience, unlocking the potential of our designers and artists to create compelling and exciting AI features that will keep players engaged for years to come. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the challenges involved with making AI experiences and be able to collaborate closely with other disciplines.
- Work with designers, artists and other engineers to bring AI characters to life.
- Develop simple AI solutions to challenging AI problems within the performance constraints of real-time gameplay.
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to build sustainable and maintainable technologies.
- Play an active role in supporting the game by helping address issues in production.
- Bring great ideas from inception to fruition.
- Extreme passion for playing and making video games.
- AI experience and knowledge of industry and academic literature.
- Strong C++ programming skills.
- 3+ years’ experience in game programming.
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry, and linear algebra.
- Knowledge of game characters, including animation and physics.
- Must be comfortable working within and adding to an established code framework.
- Able to speak “Designer” and “Artist” fluently.
- Experience developing character animation, locomotion, or physics
- Experience with visual scripting languages such as Blueprint or Kismet.
- Prior development working with client/server game systems.
- Passion for FPS games
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.