Blizzard Entertainment seeks a seasoned global public relations (PR) manager to play a major role in shaping the global communications program for World of Warcraft. We are looking for a focused, detail-oriented person who multitasks efficiently, excels in a deadline-driven environment and can stand up for him or herself in amongst other stakeholders with varying levels of PR awareness or understanding. The ideal candidate has at least seven years of experience in gaming and /or at an agency managing an international or multi-market program, and is a flexible, motivated self-starter who can adapt quickly to changing goals and objectives. This person is also highly organized and able to work independently while contributing to the goals of a team. Clear, concise communication skills are a must.
The Global PR Manager will be responsible for the development of the franchise’s Global PR & communication strategy. The role will work closely and collaboratively with Global Publishing, the franchise development team and regional PR managers to support franchise priorities and goals. This includes, but is not limited to developing a robust Global communications plan, managing global communications activities that promote the franchise, managing asset and build creation, and global PR reporting. Global PR Managers play a key role in advising the development and senior leadership teams on behalf of regional PR and their success will be measured by the franchise’s global PR performance.
- Draft, present, and maintain detailed global PR plans and strategic communications points of view.
- Develop PR strategies and manage the execution of product publicity through pre-launch, launch, and post-launch phases.
- Collaborate with and fulfill requests for Blizzard’s international PR teams.
- Conduct extensive phone / email correspondence and ongoing relationship-building efforts.
- Communicate regional PR needs and concerns as necessary to ensure global franchise publishing and development team has clear view of regional challenges
- Establish regular method of efficient info sharing, gathering and dissemination from/to/among global publishing, development team and regional PR.
- Establish global program roadmap and ensure deliverables are met.
- Handle all franchise development team spokesperson and event build requests for global and regional PR events. Ensure developers, plus HQ and regional IT and QA teams communicate effectively and meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Manage global franchise asset (screenshot, videos, digital codes, etc.) requests and oversee regional PR asset requests.
- Develop strategy and reactive messaging for global crisis in addition to creating plans that identify and address emerging challenges/issues that may affect global regions.
- Take on other responsibilities as assigned.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in PR
- Strategic thinker with a global program management background, and a proven track record of results
- Able to quickly compose and edit a variety of creative and business-oriented texts that meet company standards, on deadline
- A modern communicator with interest and experience in leveraging integrated campaigns
- Experience working with global leadership and coaching regions to translate global goals into actionable regional strategies
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Able to confidently communicate about Blizzard products with the press and public
- Demonstrate knowledge of games and the game industry
- Extremely detail-oriented and driven to consistently meet deadlines
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and full workload
- Strong team player, able to balance and blend various department needs and views into effective product-PR strategy and work with other teams to complement and support each other's plans and objectives
- Good presentation skills
- Very organized with excellent time-management skills
- Crisis-management experience
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, marketing, journalism, or business, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in managing a team of PR professionals
- A passionate gamer
- Experience playing World of Warcraft
Required Application Materials
- Battle.net Email Address
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submissions with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.