Blizzard is looking for a highly motivated and talented Animation Supervisor to join its embedded outsourcing team in Irvine, California. This is a position requiring hands on direction, management, and engine integration of animations.
The ideal candidate would have strong leadership skills and be able to manage, direct, and provide detailed feedback to external animators. They must also be an experienced animator who understands the process and challenges of making a AAA game. Finally, they should be able to coordinate with production and the internal animation team to build relationships, and help identify animation needs.
- Manage communications and provide feedback to external vendors, and help maintain a strong creative relationship between external and internal art teams.
- Generate detailed documentation, visual reference, examples, procedures, and engine requirements to support the external vendors.
- Own the quality control over all incoming art assets, providing detailed feedback and approvals to the vendor in order to deliver quality assets to the development team.
- Implement approved assets into the game engine, along with making any needed fixes to keep assets consistent and game ready.
- Work closely with the lead animator, production team, and outsource manager to determine outsourcing needs and pipelines.
- Coordinate with production and the outsource manager to schedule and track incoming assets.
- Identify and research possible vendors.
- Expertise in 3D animation software including Maya
- Strong demonstrable character animation skills
- Clear and concise communications, leadership, and people skills
- Must be highly organized, self-driven, customer focused, and a great team player
- Good understanding of the visual style of Overwatch and Blizzard games and has a passion to push it to the next level
- Have shipped AAA PC or console title as an animator
- Experience working with outsourcing teams
- Experience in an art director or lead role
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Portfolio, and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.