Taiwan – Blizzard eSports – Sr. Esports Specialist
Sr. Esports Specialist
Blizzard Entertainment is dedicated to creating the most epic gaming experience ever! Blizzard Taiwan is an exciting extension of the Blizzard family with a workplace that reflects the spirit of collaboration, creative talent, and international mindset of not just our organization but of Taiwan itself.
Want to join us?
We believe in the power of esports to engage, excite, and feed the passion of our fans, and are looking for an experienced professional to join our Taiwan esports team to help plan and execute our full calendar of esports across our portfolio of franchises, from grass roots to pro. The ideal candidate is highly organized, a quick learner and a self-starter who can adapt quickly to changing goals and objectives in the fast-paced esports industry. This person will have the interpersonal skills and team work mindset to collaborate with multiple internal and external teams on a cross-functional and cross-regional basis.
- Develop and execute esports plans, programs, and events, including day-to-day operations for assigned programs.
- Develop and manage relationships with esports partners and stakeholders.
- Coordinate with our global teams on regional and global esports plans and events.
- Meet and exceed agreed upon key performance indicators for each program.
- Work across functions to assist and drive execution of integrated marketing plans that touch esports, and assist in the development of integrated communication plans and shoulder content relating to esports.
- Develop and distribute regular reports relating to esports activities, in a timely manner.
- Support Blizzard’s participation in consumer, trade, and related events.
- Oversee the management and support of Blizzard-run tournaments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in esports (development and execution of competitive gaming, ladders, leagues, and tournaments), traditional sports, or equivalent
- Live event planning, execution and budgeting experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in working with or managing partners/vendors
- Experience working with international teams and exposure to multi-cultural environments
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining focus on the work at hand
- Strong bi-lingual written and oral communication skills in Mandarin Chinese and English
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints
- Able to interface effectively across different segments from fans, to pro-gamers, to business people
- Passionate gamer, particularly Blizzard games
- Availability for international travel
- Active participant or leader within the Blizzard esports communities
- Experience in live video production and broadcasting
- Editorial or video content production experience
- Business background
- Presentation, teaching, or other public speaking experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Hearthstone, StarCraft, and Heroes of the Storm universes
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.