Battle.net is seeking an experienced Confluence administrator with a technical writing background to help us handle and organize our technical documentation infrastructure and systems. If this is you, you're highly organized, have excellent communications skills, and a real passion for distilling complex systems and concepts into concise user documentation.
(Please note, this is a contract role, and while you will be working onsite at Blizzard Entertainment, you will be legally employed by a third party - Volt Workforce Solutions)Responsibilities
- Serve as an administrator of the Atlassian toolset.
- Act as a technical contact to solve issues occurring on Confluence.
- Craft complex Confluence workflows for authoring and publishing including Comala, permission schemes, and notification schemes.
- Provide consultation, mentorship, and recommendations for how the business process could change to improve Confluence use.
- Debug and solve issues with Confluence.
- Evaluate, test, and implement new versions and add-ons.
- Work with engineers and other technical writers to develop, review, and organize documentation sets for different Battle.net products and tools.
- Adhere to and champion standards, style guides, and standard methodologies for documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technical discipline or a related field.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Confluence administration and configuration in large development environment.
- Familiar with the software development and Agile processes.
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
- Experience with diagramming tools, such as Visio.
- Demonstrable ability to learn new systems and develop product expertise quickly.
- Superb communication (verbal & written) and partnering skills with both technical & non-technical users.
- Ability to prioritize across various tasks, manage changes in daily workload, and operate under several simultaneous deadlines.
- Working Experience with multiple Atlassian products (JIRA & Fisheye).
- Atlassian certification.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.