Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate Senior Game Producer to work on an exciting unannounced project. As a Senior Game Producer, you will act as a champion for the team by building a strong culture of empowerment and self-accountability where creativity and self-direction flourish.
We are a team of passionate developers that highly value open-minded collaboration, direct feedback, and the eagerness to grab and drive a feature to Blizzard quality. As a Senior Game Producer on the team, you will have a strong understanding of game development best practices and production methodologies, collaborating with our teams to ensure clear goals are outlined and realized throughout the phases of development. When particularly hard problems arise, you will draw upon your diverse experience and the collective creativity of the team to remove blockers and produce a Blizzard-worthy game.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with teams through all aspects of the product life cycle including prototyping, preproduction, production, beta, and release. By blending your production experience with your engineering, artistic, and design know-how you will empower your feature teams to create exciting new experiences.
- Champion the team by building a strong culture of empowerment and self-accountability where creativity and self-direction flourish
- Evangelize game and feature vision internally within team and externally with partner stakeholders
- Partner with design, art, and engineering to prioritize features, goals, and sub tasks based on team need, long-term player value, scope, and dependencies
- Identify and communicate feature requests and requirements to partner teams and stakeholders; includes gathering requirements, performing GAP analyses, and writing feature specs
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure clear goals are outlined for milestones and realized during development
- Create project roadmaps and block schedules that provide the team with clear visibility and line-of-sight on achieving future milestones
- Facilitate team ceremonies such as weekly syncs, milestone planning, build reviews, playtests, brainstorm sessions, and feature kickoffs
- Act as a communication bridge between feature pods; ensuring the production of a unified game experience with complimentary features and Blizzard quality polish
- Gather and provide effective and constructive feedback to the team, providing suggestions and solutions for improvement when applicable
- Serve as an ambassador of Blizzard core values and team values; "Leading Responsibly" in all interactions and activities
- Remain current on industry trends including: new game genres, new game development methodologies, and emergent technology
- 5+ years of experience shipping AAA titles in production roles
- Can champion and manage projects with multiple departmental dependencies towards completion in a timely manner
- Knowledge of software development life cycle, project management, and production processes
- Proven ability to create, track, and maintain complex schedules
- Experience building and managing strong cross-discipline teams that are self-directing
- Demonstrated ability to identify production risks and proactively mitigate them
- Collaborative and progressive thinker capable of inspiring large teams towards a unified goal
- Able to communicate effectively with engineering, art, design, audio, and QA
- Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative – the ability to make sense of the ambiguous
- Willingness and experience mentoring others
- A force for good; always acting in the team and game's best interest
- Ability to flex leadership style to fit team needs
- Large scale facilitation training and experience
- Exposure to all aspects of game development from low-level engine development through high-level IP development
- Experience wearing many hats in a startup-like environment
- Experience with Atlassian products; Jira and Confluence
- Resume which may include:
- A link to your portfolio so that we can see examples of your work (e.g. roadmaps, block schedules, development dashboards, PowerPoint presentations, etc.)
- Cover Letter which must include: (Recommended)
- What role a Producer plays in game development?
- What your Production superpower is and why?
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.