Do you consider time away from making art a missed opportunity? Is your DVD library full of animated features, shorts, and television series? Do you fall sleep dreaming about your next creation? If so, Blizzard Entertainment, the developer of the most epic games in the world, is seeking an animator to help develop Blizzard’s ground-breaking game, Overwatch.
Work alongside a team of the best artists, engineers, and designers on the planet and enjoy the support of a company whose culture is centered on collaborative game development. We are gamers at heart at Blizzard – across all levels - and it shows in our craft.
The ideal candidate has experience animating both human and non-humanoid characters. A solid grasp of the principles of body movement, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward and inverse kinematics, and other facets of both 2D and 3D animation is essential. The animator must be well-versed in related tools – Maya, 3DS Max, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.
- Create animations for real time game assets.
- Work with animation team to ensure timely completion of character assets at the desired quality bar.
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques and reviews.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2017
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2018 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2018 – August 2018 or June 2018 – September 2018 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience animating characters using Maya or equivalent 3D program
- Exceptional skill in animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- A passion for video games
- Experience in FX and particle animation
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and Overwatch specifically, and a passion to push it to the next level
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Submit your application no later than December 10, 2017.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.