How would it feel for your contributions to have a major impact across all game development at Blizzard? This is your chance to find out! Blizzard Entertainment is developing a modern, cross-platform game engine to share across all of Blizzard and power the future of Blizzard games. This new project pushes the bleeding edge of technology both at Blizzard and in the gaming industry as a whole. You’ll join a collaborative team of experienced and highly skilled game developers who will work with game teams across the company to deliver a truly epic game engine. Get in early and help shape the future of gaming. Are you in?
We are looking for an experienced User Interface (UI) Engineer to help architect and build the cross-platform UI system that will be used by future Blizzard games. UI is a critical component of every single game we develop, so we are looking for someone who shares our passion in creating a highly accessible and responsive UI system that enables rapid iteration of game UI. Workflow and developer experience have equal importance to the final user interface presented to players. You’ll work with our team and others around the company to craft and ultimately execute on that shared vision.
- Develop and maintain the vision for a cross-platform UI system
- Implement tools and pipelines for the rapid creation and iteration of in-game user interfaces
- Implement the UI runtime for a game engine that meets the demands of various games
- Support alternative modes of input (including software keyboards, taps, swipes, gamepads, etc.)
- At least 5 years of professional UI programming
- Experience developing or maintaining a UI system (in addition to implementing game UI itself)
- Experience in localization / internationalization concerns in UI
- Fluency in C++
- Effective communication skills with developers of all technical skill levels
- Experience shipping cross-platform titles that used your UI
- Experience working with UI artists and designers
- Experience using 3rd party game engine UI systems and editing tools
- Familiarity with graphics programming
- Familiarity with Git, Perforce, or Subversion
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.