Pull up a chair and join us by the hearth! Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced UI Designer to work with the Hearthstone team on new and exciting content for our players. With 10 Mana Crystals at the ready, this individual’s many talents and creativity will help continue to add quality art to Hearthstone, building a phenomenal user experience for the game. If you wish to be a part of a small, close-knit team of creatives whose greatest dream is to make valuable contributions to a game you feel passionately about, then we want to talk with you! Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
Blizzard Entertainment is currently looking for an experienced, creative, and artistically talented User Interface designer for Hearthstone. The UI designer will work closely with the rest of the UI team, artists and designers to conceptualize and design user interfaces for both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Understand and build upon Hearthstone's visual identity and design language
- Apply and maintain a consistent user flow throughout the entire project interface
- Create wireframe, concept sketches to support purposed UI interaction models
- Work collaboratively with the UI team and iterate using feedback to drive and polish features to a high-quality state
- Collaborate with a team of artists and engineers to carry design from concept into final implementation
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working as UI designer in gaming, or interaction design field
- Strong understanding of usability design principals
- Understanding of Blizzard Entertainment's design philosophy
- Strong visual design skills – an understanding of Hearthstone's visual identity and sensibilities (Although texture painting skill is not required, the candidate must be able to communicate effectively with other artists on how to achieve the visual target)
- Must be willing to adapt Hearthstone’s unique work flow and pick up technical knowledge on the go.
- Able to work well with a team in a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative setting
- A passion for video games, and user interface design
- Experience working in Unity
- Experience designing UI for mobile
- Passion for Hearthstone, table-top games, other Blizzard titles, and gaming in general
- Traditional 2D sketching and composition skills
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover Letter (recommended)
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- Must be willing to complete a design test if required to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.