The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
The Shop team is part of the Battle.net & Online Products organization and is responsible for Blizzard Entertainment’s digital shop web site and the tooling that powers it. Our sites handle millions of transactions spanning the globe for the StarCraft, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, and Overwatch franchises.
- Architect and develop new features for catalogue display, purchasing, and gifting, integrating with the rest of our e-commerce team and game teams.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, designers, and numerous other partners to deliver quality products.
- Identify and execute on areas of improvement throughout our development cycle.
- Bring new ideas to the team through research in web development.
- See projects through from requirement gathering to development, testing support, launch, and live coverage.
- Minimum 6 years of professional web software engineering experience, working in both the client and server-side.
- Experience working in an object-oriented programming language, such as Java or C++.
- Experience developing complex web UIs.
- Understanding and experience mitigating common web security concerns.
- Knowledge for standard methodologies, both for architecture and end-user performance
- Deep understanding of MVC architecture
- Heavy use of web tech (HTTP, WebSockets, REST, etc.)
- Experience writing unit tests with comprehensive coverage
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Spring framework.
- Experience using UI frameworks.
- Experience running automation tests.
- Familiarity with Docker.
- Experience working with a moderate to large teams, eager to collaborate.
- Familiarity with server architecture (Apache, Tomcat, etc.)
- Experience developing applications to scale for a global userbase.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.