Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented gameplay engineer to help create vehicles and build vehicle handling features in a robust first-person engine for an unannounced project. The ideal candidate has proven experience in vehicle handling, with exposure to other game systems like physics, animation, and cameras. They must have outstanding people skills and a longstanding passion for playing games across multiple genres and platforms.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to ensure a great player experience
- Work with animators and technical artists to ensure a powerful and easy workflow
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to build optimized, sustainable, and maintainable technologies and code
- Serve as the bridge between our engine technology, game design, and art
- Bring great ideas from inception to fruition
- Champion Blizzard Entertainment’s core values—especially “Gameplay First”
- Extreme passion for playing and making games
- Expert C++ programming skills
- Expertise engineering highly-optimized networked vehicle physics and game systems
- Comfortable defining models for motion and environment interaction
- Demonstrable experience with real-time rigid body physics and dynamic forces
- A minimum of five years’ game programming experience
- Demonstrable competency with data structures, logic, algorithms, and optimization
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry and linear algebra
- Must be comfortable working within and adding to an established code framework
- Able to speak “Designer” and “Artist” fluently
- Self-motivated and self-directing, knowledgeable about many areas of development, and willing to pitch in when needed
- Proficiency with multi-threaded systems
- Experience with the design and implementation of various game systems, including game object management, AI/pathing, gameplay scripting, FX, database management, user interface, or online networking
- Experience shipping multiple game titles
- Computer science or related degree
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.