The Overwatch League is a global, world-class esports ecosystem designed from the ground up to ensure that teams and players can thrive for years to come, and that fans have the best experience possible. The Overwatch League melds Blizzard’s experience in esports with best practices of time-honored traditional sports.
We’re seeking an experienced Player Relations Coordinator (Temp) to join the Overwatch League who is passionate about the video gaming and sports industries, player communities, and communication. This is a temp position, with weekly travel with the 2020 season match schedule.The person in this role will work with teams and players to ensure the Overwatch League is providing a top tier experience for its players.
- Develop deep, genuine, and collaborative relationships with teams and individual players on behalf of the league
- Ensure day-of logistics run smoothly for team travel, accommodations, schedules, media, and promotional events
- Work proactively with players and team management to address all issues in a timely fashion
- Gather feedback from players and managers to continuously improve events, rules, game play, in-competition features and any pertinent information and report back to League Operations
- Provide players, teams, and team managers with league updates regarding changes, rules adjustments, or any other pertinent news
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal Marketing and other League departments to ensure appropriate promotional and media obligations are met
- Fluency in Korean language
- 1+ years’ experience working in esports or other live events and/or league
- 2+ years’ experience in an administrative role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Impeccable organizational, problem-solving and time-management abilities
- Able to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
- An individual with a passion for Blizzard Entertainment games is highly encouraged, and will be prioritized
- Experience in live events
- Experience with talent management
- Experience in a game or entertainment company
- Experience in project management
- A passion for video games
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Esports
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.