Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Director Technology Operations, Europe located in Versailles, France.
This is a unique opportunity for a person possessing the right depth of talent, leadership, experience, passion, and drive.
Reporting to the MD Europe, you will focus on cultivating and driving world-class information technology systems, operations and tools in support of the world’s most epic games.
This role manages the EU Technology Operations strategy, internal IT, Localization and Quality Assurance, physical and IT security as well as our operations teams focused on shared tools
Blizzard Entertainment hosts a large and complex online gaming environment and it is critical for this person to understand the dynamics associated with delivering products in this type of environment and then develop and implement strategic solutions.
Blizzard Entertainment attracts people who are bright, ambitious and confident, with an extremely strong desire to win. The successful candidate will be smart, open, with a highly developed sense of ethics, energy, confidence, and creativity. This person will be team and development-oriented, with an assertive personal style, have highly developed interpersonal skills, and be adept as an influencer and negotiator.
- Integral member of the European Senior Management Team; leading and championing Blizzard Europe’s technology topics and projects.
- Oversee the European Localization and Quality Assurance team to implement practices that achieve state of the art quality on localized games.
- Oversee the Information Technologies department to create optimum service conditions for our community of players and our employees.
- Oversee Security to protect Blizzard Europe’s digital & physical infrastructures, allowing a safe environment for our community of players and our employees.
- Management of large diversified teams.
- Anticipate, identify, and troubleshoot issues on a proactive basis, and ensure that plans are put in place and executed in order to provide timely resolutions.
- Communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with functional organizations in our European and United States’ offices to ensure that issues are given visibility and that support is in place as needed.
- Strong integration with our global teams at our HQ in the US, providing key information & making sure EU systems and procedures are aligned with our global policies.Ensure that resource requirements are anticipated in advance to be in place when needed.
- 15+ years’ experience of leading organizations
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in the High Tech/Internet/Technology industry or in the video game industry
- Strong project management competencies
- International business experience and intercultural communications skills
- Strong analytical and presentational skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English
- Proven experience in Leadership and people development
- Able to communicate effectively and collaboratively with departmental, regional, and global leads
- Willing to travel
- Passion for video games
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA or equivalent
- Experience with video game development pipelines
- Familiar with massively multiplayer online or Free2Play games systems
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.