Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced game designer for the World of Warcraft team. Senior designers are multi-talented and experienced game designers with the ability to adapt to various forms of content or systems design. They are capable of taking responsibility for realizing our design philosophies in the form of epic, engaging content.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, a strong visual aesthetic, extensive knowledge of World of Warcraft, and a longstanding passion for playing games.
- A minimum of 5 years' game design experience, including senior or lead design experience on a shipped product
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Extensive content and systems design experience. Ideally someone who has creatively owned complete implementations from concept to delivery.
- Able to work creatively in a demanding team environment
- Absolute passion for playing and making computer games
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience managing, and / or mentoring others
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter** which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.