Blizzard Entertainment has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join our Battle.net Accounts & Commerce team!
We develop the services and infrastructure that houses hundreds of millions of Battle.net accounts. Our team handles millions of transactions spanning the globe for the StarCraft, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, and the Overwatch franchises. Have you ever wondered what happens when you make a purchase in Hearthstone? Are you curious about what happens during a game launch where millions of customers unlock access to games, features, upgrades, and more? We're the team that provides the platform that powers all of those features and more.
As a software engineer on the Payment Gateway team you will join a group of engineers dedicated to building a platform that supports payment methods globally, allowing our fans world-wide to experience Blizzard content. You will be exposed to the inner-workings of the online and mobile payment spaces and gain an understanding of how a global enterprise integrates with payment providers to process payments. In this role you will not only be writing code but taking the reins of projects across all phases of our SDLC.
- Design and implement new features for payment processing on our cross-platform ecommerce system, including integrations with third party payment providers.
- Collaborate with multiple development teams ensuring proper designs and integrations.
- Implement, maintain, and own infrastructure
- Monitor, optimize, and troubleshoot performance across all tiers.
- Support and improve live production service
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution
- A minimum of 3 years of professional software engineering experience and a solid foundation in Java, C#, or another object-oriented language.
- Strong CS fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Experience with web services, messaging middleware, security, and n-tier architectures
- Understanding of scalable and highly concurrent server architecture design
- Familiarity with testing practices, including regression, acceptance, functional, and load testing
- Shown knowledge of data-modeling and RDBMS development practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Experience with billing and payment systems
- Familiarity with the Spring Framework
- AWS experience (EC2, ELB, DynamoDB, S3, SQS)
- Linux experience
- Passion for technology and video games
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.