The Heroes of the Storm team is seeking a tools engineer to join our ranks. In this role, you will become part of a team that supports and creates authoring tools with the goal of making our games the best they can be. Our authoring tools span across the code, art, design, audio and localization disciplines, giving you the opportunity to influence the entire team with your contributions. You must be passionate about tools, eager to help your teammates, motivated to learn and proficient writing code.
- Design and implement new development tools for all disciplines.
- Work with all development teams to improve our existing tools and processes.
- Strive for performance, stability, and error-free operation in our codebase.
- Build extensible solutions that can be reused and service multiple groups.
- Passion for tools development
- Passion for video games
- Advanced understanding of C++ and / or C#
- Understanding of game content pipelines and processes
- Experience developing and designing user interface applications
- Able to communicate and collaborate well with both technical and non-technical users
- Service-oriented attitude with an eye for efficiency and process
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience with WPF
- Experience using and extending digital content creation software such as 3D Studio Max
- Experience with efficient data layout design, distributed systems and pipeline processing
- Experience shipping multiple game titles
- Experience migrating legacy systems to modern pipelines
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard?
- What games you are currently playing?
**Only submissions with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.