Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and passionate software engineer to help us build epic game community sites that support Blizzard Entertainment’s titles.
You should come join us in this adventure! We are located in Irvine, California, close to multiple beaches along the southern California coast.Position Overview
You will work closely with a team of engineers, designers, product owners, editors, and testers in our Web & Mobile Department to help build the future of interactive esports sites. You will help craft, build, and maintain scalable front-end and middleware solutions to support Blizzard’s franchises.
Our team focuses on the Overwatch web properties, including player-centric features like a dynamically updating box score for the Overwatch League live experience and real time updated statistics for Overwatch League player profiles.Responsibilities
- Work with a multi-functional team to design, build, and deliver an epic Web experience.
- Build and maintain services and tools that support our web activities.
- Help abstract and streamline our work into maintainable libraries and toolchains.
- Break down complicated requirements into clear, actionable tasks that can be estimated and completed.
- Write clean, testable, maintainable, and documented code.
- Maintain an open-minded, friendly, and positive attitude.
- Expertise in at least one area of web development, be it back-end, front-end, or building APIs
- A minimum of 3 years of experience
- A shown understanding of standard methodologies and techniques regarding web scalability, performance, and security
- Excellent verbal and written social skills
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Passion and belief in Blizzard’s Core Values
- Experience with front end web frameworks (Ember, React, Vue, Angular, etc)
- Experience with RESTFUL APIs and microservices
- Experience with application containerization (Docker, etc) and cloud hosting (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Experience with popular web frameworks (Node.js/Express, Ruby/Rails, Python/Django, Java/Spring, PHP/Laravel)
- Experience with an Agile Scrum/Kanban environment
- Experience with high-traffic websites and applications
- Experience with international (localized) applications
Portfolio (site, GitHub, or similar) (recommended)
Cover Letter (optional)
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.