Well met, student engineers! Blizzard Entertainment’s university relations team here, and before we turn this job description over to the mobile team to talk about the scope of the role, we’d like to say thanks for your interest and for (hopefully) taking the initiative to apply.
Our new grad program is focused on helping you – oh intrepid, graduating student – begin your engineering career in gaming in the most direct way possible. Blizzard’s not an easy place to get into, that’s true, but we believe we’re a studio well worthy of your career. For over twenty years now, employees have established and continue to cultivate a culture built on passion, collaboration, creativity, and fun. Put simply, we legitimately love doing what we do for a living, and we’re proud to offer you an opportunity to do the same. Good luck! And now, over to mobile.
- Currently enrolled in college or university
- Graduating between December 2016 – August 2017
- Authorized to work in the US
- Creation of production level code to be put into live Blizzard applications.
- Leveling up in practices and theories in mobile design and development.
- Implementation of a feature, or multiple, from inception to deployment.
- Working with different teams within Blizzard to solve complex problems.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Passion for creating epic mobile experiences for our users
- Basic knowledge of Blizzard games
- Team and goal-oriented personality
- Self-driven attitude and willingness to learn
- A major in computer science
- Any previous knowledge on Java or the Android SDK
- Any experience with Android Studio
- Any experience with the Gradle build system
- Any experience with Git or other version control systems
- Understanding of the Android application and activity lifecycles
- Resume and cover letter
- Code sample from one of your personal or school mobile projects
**Only submissions with cover letters will be considered
On Blizzard Culture
Blizzard exists in a hyper-creative atmosphere, curated by talented professionals serious about getting the most out of themselves and our culture. Our philosophy on culture fit is pretty simple: we want people who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living, and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute. Ours is a highly collaborative environment, and we’re drawn to like-minded people who love knowledge-sharing and thrive in a team setting. Being part of a team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.