You will be expected to develop influential and productive relationships with key stakeholders and optimize processes that support high-profile event marketing activities. You should be versed in project management styles, methodologies and processes. Tenacity, self-direction and follow-up skills are a must, as well as the ability to anticipate issues and find effective solutions. If you are someone who likes video games, fantasy, sci-fi, graphic novels, technology or other geeky things, so much better!
Can you obsess on the details while keeping the big picture in mind? Are you a self-starter who can take direction but doesn’t need it? Are you the type of person who can work quickly to solve challenges? You could be our ideal candidate! Responsibilities
- Support the events team in producing events at the highest level of quality.
- Define project objectives, schedule, resource requirements, budget, and deliverables in support of marketing goals.
- Develop complex project plans, proposals, and requirements documentation that takes all objectives, dependencies, challenges, and requirements into account, including regional concerns.
- Develop, maintain, and distribute status and other reporting documents to communicate risks, contingency plans, roadblocks, and resource constraints to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure documents and other information is accurate and is distributed to all necessary parties at the appropriate time.
- Plan, organize, prioritize, and execute tasks calmly in an ever-changing, fast-paced, and high-pressure environment.
- Prioritize projects based on how they match to the company’s strategic goals and their impact on the business.
- Provide motivation and direction to ensure event goals, milestones, and deadlines are met.
- Ensure projects meet milestone and final deadline dates by foreseeing risks and potential roadblocks.
- Track and manage the project to ensure it stays within the established budget.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Use detailed project analysis such as post mortems to create recommendation reports based on predetermined success indicators.
- Develop best practices, processes, and tools to ensure project execution at the highest level.
- Act as a key contact between internal departments, regional teams, and external vendors and contractors.
- Control, coordinate, and follow-up on recurrent tasks and assignments within the project team.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a project manager for events or from the sports industry
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with teams in multiple locations, including internationally
- Formal training in project management methodologies, process development, and team leadership and a dedication to the art of Project Management
- Proven leadership abilities to address conflicts and achieve consensus, to provide both positive and negative feedback in a constructive way, and to assertively contribute relevant opinions and thoughts
- Exceptional creative problem-solving and critical-thinking skills – the ability to digest information from various sources, deduce possible outcomes, and provide viable solutions
- Able to gather and align necessary resources against a schedule, especially under tight deadlines and changing project demands
- Able to organize information in a clear and concise manner that communicates well with both technical resources and business stakeholders
- Persuasive, encouraging, and a motivating influence with all assigned projects
- Able to establish key relationships, gain cooperation, and reduce tension among team members and impacted departments
- Expertise in Microsoft Project, Jira, or other online project management tools as well as methodologies such as Waterfall, Scrum, Agile, or Kanban
- Expertise in Excel and Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience working as a project manager in the events, entertainment, games, or agency industries
- Formal project management certification such as PMP
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.