Blizzard Entertainment has been rated for several years by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work". We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only about gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is delighting our customers and providing a world of creativity and adventure around every corner.
Senior Technical Writer
As a technical writer working on the IT Knowledge Management team, you will be responsible for managing clear, concise, and consumable technical documentation to support our global IT and operations teams. Our ideal candidate is a knowledge management export, who’s equally comfortable using Confluence archiving tools to build a sustainable KM system as they are correcting the format of the latest service documentation. If you’re a self-starting KM wizard with a mind for process improvement, we’re interested to hear from you!
About our team
The IT Knowledge Management team is a small team that supports Blizzard Entertainment’s larger global IT and operations teams. We’re responsible for long-term strategic vision, technical documentation, and knowledge continuity. As a senior technical writer on the IT Knowledge Management team, you’ll be expected to work with a wide array of disciplines across the organization. To function effectively here, you’ll need to be positive, focused, and enjoy working on a high-performing team.
Work with IT and operations teams across Blizzard to create, maintain, revise, and retire technical documentation, including but not limited to:
- Manage documentation initiatives from inception to final delivery
- Hardware and software troubleshooting guides
- Corporate tools documentation including API references
- Organize existing documentation, identify gaps and deficiencies, and work with management to build an effective, sustainable knowledge management process
- Obtain information from our existing systems, cross-verifying when necessary by working with SME’s
- Create images, charts, drawings, wireframes, and animations to clearly convey complex information
- Establish and maintain department-wide writing standards, style guides, and templates
- Mentor teammates on technical writing
- Evangelize and coach on documentation best practices
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Technical Communications, English, or a related field/equivalent experience
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in a technical communications/documentation role
- Demonstrable writing and technical editing proficiency
- Experience managing documentation projects
- Understanding of common ancillary technical writing functions, including structured authoring and knowledge architecture
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret technical information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce documentation in a variety of formats (Wiki, PDF, HTML, etc.)
- Able to work and thrive in a high-energy, deadline-driven environment
- Experience with Atlassian Confluence
- MS in Technical Writing/Communication
- Experience with ServiceNow
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Writing / Editing
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.