Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Broadcast Engineer to support our Global Broadcast Team. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated individual with outstanding communications abilities and skilled in broadcast engineering. Duties include working with the broadcast engineering team to execute signal distribution requirements, assist in the technical implementation of complex projects, and technical troubleshooting.
- Support and manage technical aspects of internal broadcasts from the studio
- Organize and maintain equipment and inventory
- Follow signal flow diagrams, equipment lists, etc. to support show execution
- Act as a technical lead and on-site operational support for studio shows and support other broadcast engineers on technical implementation and delivery of complex projects
- Support external events and broadcasts with technical knowledge
- Monitor streaming events
- Engineer epic experiences
- 5+ Years of Industry Experience
- A clear understanding of all aspects of broadcast production
- Knowledgeable about consumer streaming workflows and technologies
- Operational experience with video equipment: switchers, routers, replay, terminal gear, recording and archival, etc.
- Operational experience with audio equipment: consoles, playback, snake systems, coms
- Well organized, quick learner, and an effective communicator
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in support of live events at the studio, mainly weekends
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Passion for games
- Experience with multiple streaming platforms and basic knowledge of encoding, specifically cloud encoding and on-premise encoding
- Experience with Media Asset Management Systems
- Visio Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Love for Esports!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.