The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It is a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA. We are searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem-solving and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch, and let’s get to work!
About the job:
Champions of the Alliance and Horde, Azeroth needs you! Blizzard Entertainment QA is seeking a Test Director to help lead World of Warcraft into the future. Legendary candidates need to have phenomenal communication skills, a strong test and automation background, proven management experience, and a stellar track record delivering high-quality software. In your quest to be Ahead of the Curve, you will be partnering with a highly talented group of people to make World of Warcraft the best experience possible.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What you’ll do:
- As the WOW Franchise test discipline owner, you’ll manage test teams for multiple products and regions end-to-end.
- Lead, recruit, coach, and manage a large team towards individual and team excellence.
- Lead improvements in product testability by integrating test automation and tooling.
- Lead, connect, and partner with global teams across Blizzard towards quality initiatives
- Develop and Drive the vision for test-based risk mitigation and facilitate creation of and cross-team alignment around the master test plans for each product within the franchise.
- Accountable for the quality of all test deliverables, workflows, and relationships for the test team
- Create environment of continuous quality process improvement to increase quality, speed, reliability, and predictability and enable people to do their best work.
- Identify opportunities for and influence cross-company innovation on test methods, approaches and technology
- Partner with production leadership to provide high value quality-related services
- Forecast and manage the product’s test schedules, needs, dependencies, and resources to ensure commitments are met.
- Present formal business reviews regularly.
- A champion of the player experience
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Test Management and/or Technical Project Management experience: 10+ years
- Management experience: 5+ years
- 2+ years experience working with a multiuser online service
- Experience managing diverse cross functional teams
- Experience with white/gray/black box test methods
- Experience leading development and integration of automation solutions
- Experience with user research methods
- Demonstrated experience in end-to-end test planning for a product
- Proven success delivering high quality software releases as the Test Manager or equivalent
- Track record innovating and improving product SDLCs
- Familiarity with Blizzard Entertainment line of products and services
- ISTQB or CSTE certification or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Dev Ops and Data Science, applied to test
- Expertise in Tableau, Power BI or equivalent data visualization tool
- Understanding of the end to end components that are needed to make a AAA game
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.