- Blizzard Entertainment’s global information systems team is looking for an experienced and talented systems engineer to help Blizzard support and improve its corporate server infrastructure systems and storage in China. The ideal candidate is a passionate about IT technologies, has a strong focus on server physical and virtual hardware, Windows and Linux operating systems and is great at troubleshooting application issues. He / She will perform day to day operational duties and be an escalation point for other support teams when needed. This individual will also serve as a key resource on projects, working directly with project managers and global teams on server and operating systems related technology solutions for Blizzard.
This role requires interaction with other Blizzard support and business teams, therefore strong communication and interpersonal skills are required as well as a desire for delivering great customer service.
- Develop and maintain a world class physical, virtual server, and storage infrastructure.
- Work closely with other teams to ensure proper systems setup and configuration.
- Oversees the day-to-day management of physical and virtual servers.
- Oversees the day-to-day management of storage services.
- Primary support escalation points for critical outages and issues in relation of data storage for our China office.
- Able to implement complex projects and time-sensitive tasks under minimal supervision.
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies, systems engineering and architecture standards and strategies to increase reliability and manageability.
- Provide 24X7 on call support as part of an on-call rotation
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- RequirementsA minimum of 4 years’ experience with Windows server, and / or Common Linux systems
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with virtual environment such as VMware Vcenter
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience with NAS / SAN solutions such as NetApp FAS, EMC VNX, EMC Isilon, HP 3PAR
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with backup solutions such as NetBackup
- Experience with data management protocol: DFS, CIFS, NFS, and NDMP
- Experience with storage networking such as iSCSI or Fiber Channel
- Working knowledge of data management best practices
- Strong working knowledge of hardware, OS, Network and application troubleshooting
- Strong scripting skills (PowerShell, Perl, BASH, python, etc.)
- Strong skill on infrastructure automation, like Ansible or terraform
- Familiar with AD, LDAP, DNS and DHCP
- Knowledge of computer security systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Highly motivated and self-driven, capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Fluent in English
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience with automation systems such as Puppet, Foreman, Chef
- Experience with object storage hands on skills, like Cloud Object Storage
- Experience with monitoring systems and best practices
- Experience with EMC vxRail and NBU appliance
- Experience with Varnish node
- Experience with ticketing system like confluence JIRA
- Basic network knowledge such as CCNA
- Understanding of ITIL framework and processes
- A passion for video games
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.