“Dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever.”
That’s our mission statement here at Blizzard Entertainment, and for an art tools engineer on the World of Warcraft team, it’s a way of life.
In this role, you’ll improve existing (and create new) tools that will enable some of the most talented artists in the world to ply their craft freely and directly. As such, you are proficient in developing powerful programs for art creation pipelines.
The WoW team is built on a culture of collaboration, intense creativity, and problem-solving. As a group, we are committed to pushing our exploration of Azeroth to the fullest, and in doing so creating a gaming experience like no other. As an art tools engineer, the work you do will live at the very heart of this philosophy. We’re looking for an engineer with qualities above and beyond engineering. You enjoy working in a group setting; you speak artist and geek with equal fluency, and your experience in creative environments has reinforced the value of communication and empathy.
- Design and implementation of new development tools for artists, including implementing features in the WoW engine when necessary.
- Communicate with other departments within the team to improve existing tools and determine new solutions.
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation.
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement.
- Passion for enabling others to have the best tools available
- Proficiency in C++
- A minimum of 3 years’ application programming experience
- Strong mathematics skills
- Love working with Artists.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Advanced understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Detailed knowledge of 3D graphics, animation, camera control, and lighting
- Understanding of STL
- Experience with Maya and MEL and/or 3D Studio Max, Max SDK, and MaxScript
- Interest in workflow automation
- UI design experience
- Experience with SQL databases -- database design, query design, and C++ or other language bindings
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.