Join us as we write a new chapter in the Diablo universe! Diablo Immortal, a mobile massively multiplayer action-RPG set in the world of Sanctuary, allows players to slay demons anywhere, at any time, in the palm of their hands!
Are you a skilled Lead Artist? Come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional. Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we share a real passion for what we do. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
As the Lead Artist, you will help us guide the art vision and development for Diablo Immortal. Your goal is to help develop a consistent visual style for the game and combine inspiring art with great gameplay.
Diablo Immortal is a full-fledged action RPG designed from the ground up for mobile. You will join a veteran team of developers with a shared vision to radically raise the bar of what a mobile game can be. We value team-players who provide constructive input and are always open to feedback from others in return.
- Create environment & creature concept paintings and other benchmark assets that establish quality expectations, communicate ideas, and inspire others
- Collaborate with art leadership across Blizzard to develop and refine a unique visual style
- Review & provide directed feedback including paintovers on a variety of game assets (environments, props, creatures, animations, spell effects, cinematics, UI, logos, etc.)
- Help provide guidance and art assets for supplemental materials, such as marketing materials (logos, key art, splash screens), story cinematics, presentation templates, team apparel, licensed gear, and more
- Lead external art contractors when needed for the project
- Work effectively with other disciplines, such as Design, Engineering, Production, Cinematics, Story & Franchise Development, and others
- Partner with art leadership across Blizzard to capture the essence of the Diablo Universe
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience crafting video game art using 2D and 3D art tools
- At least 5 years’ experience working in AAA games
- Problem solving initiative with excellent follow-through
- Extensive experience developing a unique and cohesive visual style in a team environment
- Proven track record of delivering clear and consistent visual feedback that elevates the art team’s work
- A desire to work closely with game design to make sure the game's art improves the player experience
- Have a deep understanding of the Diablo’s gothic visual style. Can create concepts and effectively coach others to create assets in this style
- Willing to travel outside the U.S. for short periods of time.
- Passion for and extensive experience playing action RPGs, Blizzard games, or mobile games
- Mandarin language fluency
- Cover Letter (optional)
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills
- Only digital artwork submissions such as website, blog or online album will be accepted
- An art test may be required
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.