Internship Term: 2019
PRODUCT DESIGN INTERN, CORPORATE APPLICATIONS
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2019. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Corporate Applications brings innovation and transformative technologies to enable all of Blizzard to deliver on making epic experiences that engage and delight our users. We are an incubator for ideas and pragmatic in finding solutions to problems that make Blizzard globally more effective and efficient. We empower our team to lead company-wide initiatives, be a force for positive change, and directly impact all employees by supporting them in the quest to deliver epic games.
Come join our team and contribute to behind-the-scenes initiatives and the inner workings of Blizzard. Here we are focused on challenging problems and apply cutting-edge technologies to solve them. We value great UX/UI and have a dedicated team of creative designers. A customer-first mentality and Blizzard polish is core to what we do here and we want people who join our team to feel the same way too. Our culture is unique. Work is fun and fast-paced. We are collaborative and communicative because we are a world-class organization and need to reach out to our users in different geographic regions. We are a family, and the people care about each other as a team and are the type of folks you want to play games with during lunch. If all this sounds interesting to you, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a designer with a passion for crafting beautiful user interfaces for our portfolio of websites, mobile apps, and desktop apps. The designer would be responsible for a core contribution on a wide-range of initiatives. A background in 2D or 3D art is highly desired.
- Ship beautiful software products by working closely with Engineers, PMs, Designers, and QA
- Produce look and feel layouts, mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, sketches, mock-ups, motion works, and visual comps to help the team understand what to build and why
- Revise and enhance designs based on stakeholder and user feedback, technical input, and business decisions to ensure visual designs align with the overall design vision
- Work with other designers and stakeholders from inception to drive development, implementation, QA, launch, and ongoing support
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the summer 2019 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2019 – August 2019 or June 2019 – September 2019 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent experience with a strong portfolio of work
- Exceptional graphic design skills and artistic sense for high aesthetic graphics, UI, composition, and typography
- Proficiency using prototyping and design tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Axure, InVision, Sketch, etc.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with multidisciplinary team members to explain and evangelize design solutions
- Strong communicator with a passion to learn and contribute
- Demonstrated understanding of information flow, legibility, and interface usability principles
- Great attention to detail and solid organization
- A self-starter that loves a team environment
- Open-minded, friendly, with a positive attitude
- Experience in designing user-interfaces for complex applications
- Experience as a digital artist in either 2D or 3D
- Experience leveraging user research, key performance indicators, and site analytics to help make informed decisions
- Experience as a designer working closely with development teams in an agile environment
- Cover Letter
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.