We are looking for a talented and motivated Senior Software Engineer specializing in Application Security to join its ranks in Austin, TX.
If this is you, you are a Software Engineer with a deep passion for security. This person should have experience with a variety of systems, languages, tools and architectures.
About Our Team
The Security Development (SecDev) organization owns all security-related software development efforts across Blizzard. We are a mix of hardcore software engineers, server developers and security-minded individuals who work together to ensure that our company and players are safe from Evil.
We work with all games and software platforms produced by Blizzard, so we get exposed to a mind-boggling array of technologies – not only security technologies, but graphic engines, machine learning systems, web servers, databases etc. It’s an incredible place for passionate software developers to get acquainted with all aspects of developing world class videogames.
You will be part of SecDev’s Application Security team. You will embed yourself in one or more of Blizzard’s teams to help them build secure software. Not only you will help find and fix existing vulnerabilities, but also actively participate on preventing new vulnerabilities from being introduced. You will also have the opportunity to work with elite software engineers to solve specific hard security problems, “tiger team” style.
- Perform security reviews and provide insights throughout all phases of software development with our partner teams.
- Develop and enhance new and existing security-focused tools, systems and services.
- Evaluate the impact to the organization of current security advisories, publications, and trends.
- Develop new security solutions/tools to prevent security vulnerabilities and assist in addressing existing security problems.
- Help detect, highlight, and close security vulnerabilities that surface during the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in secure Web Application development.
- Knowledge of penetration testing techniques, application security vulnerabilities, OWASP Top 10, SANS 25, CWE, and whitebox exploitation via Burpsuite/Fiddler or similar.
- Excellent ability to discover and demonstrate flaws such as SQL injection, XSS, and CSRF.
- Solid understanding of database (SQL, noSQL) security.
- Knowledge of encryption theory and practice (e.g. TLS, HMAC, RSA, AES, PKI) .
- Be able to adapt and be entrepreneurial and solve problems quickly, creatively, and collaboratively.
- Aptitude for doing threat modeling on complex systems.
- Experience in Mobile software development and security.
- Experience with application security testing tools (static and dynamic code analyzers, fuzzing tools).
- Enjoys tasty beverages – we work hard and play hard.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.