Thrall, Kerrigan, Diablo, Arthas, Zeratul, Tyrael—they’re all in Heroes of the Storm and ready to test their might in the forge of eternal combat. Our talented character artists draw from more than 20 years of Blizzard games to bring our most memorable and celebrated characters into the Nexus. The Heroes of the Storm team is seeking a senior character artist to step into the fray and help us expand our roster of awesome heroes, mounts, and skins!
Sound fun? If you’re up to the challenge, we want to hear from you!
- Create both high resolution 3D sculpts and final low polygon game assets
- Create textures that meld hand painted techniques with next-gen materials
- Collaborate with design, animation, and visual effects departments to deliver heroes, skins, mounts, and other supporting assets that meet the highest visual quality and gameplay standards
- Communicate with production, art management, and other departments
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in game development as an artist specializing in organic modeling and texturing using 3DS Max, Zbrush, and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, concept art, animation, visual effects, or technical art
- Exceptional understanding of next generation asset creation pipelines and tools.
- Exceptional understanding of form, anatomy, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps of different material types
- Understanding of Blizzard Entertainment's visual style, and a passion to push it to the next level
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- A passion for video games
- Have shipped AAA PC, or console titles, as a character artist
- Experience with the creation of next-gen shaders and materials
- Experience with rigging real-time characters
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts
Required Application Materials
- Portfolio, and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Portfolio and Cover Letter will be considered
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.