Blizzard Entertainment has been rated for several years by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work". We are a community of 4000 global employees who are enthusiastic about not only about gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is delighting our customers and providing a world of creativity and adventure around every corner.
Our Battle.net organization is home to 250+ super-powered, crazy-smart engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers and enables our games. Whether you’re a first timer or a loyal regular, Battle.net ensures that while playing Blizzard’s games, or interacting socially with friends or purchasing from our extensive e-commerce offerings, that our players are immersed in an engaging, exciting, and secure experience.
We are looking for a talented, passionate, and skilled group design manager (GDM) to inspire gamers through the creation of the world’s best online game platform which enables them to engage in Blizzard’s legendary fantasy worlds.
The Battle.net group handles many projects that are not tied to individual games but shared among all of Blizzard’s games past and future. This position will own defining and executing the vision for the design and feel of the Blizzard’s Battle.net platform. You will interact with technical leaders and executive staff for all games at Blizzard. You will be a seasoned Design leader. You will have prior experience leading large, complex, multi-year projects, the right balance of design and soft skills, experience with large customer facing applications, a real passion for building great end-to-end user experiences, the organizational skills to drive quality across complex organizations, and the ability to partner with many different types of people.Responsibilities
- Direct multiple teams of UI/UX designers, researchers and program managers to evaluate and implement platform solutions to meet the needs of Battle.net and Blizzard.
- Lead the team to make intelligent trade-offs between designing a great platform and executing critical functionality to specific internal partners.
- Balance the need to keep design operational and meeting the needs of consumer teams, and the needs of the internal team to make forward progress on the next generation of features.
- Able to split time, effectively leading, developing and mentoring leaders and setting direction while driving alignment.
- You will have end to end product responsibilities for multiple teams.
- Direct interaction with partners and executives, excellent communications skills are a requirement.
- Forward thinking with focus on multi-year goals for the team and then executing against them, shown experience and decision-making capabilities at this level.
- You will ensuring that software is being designed at high quality and meets the platform tenets.
- You will have the ability to lead and motivate multiple teams.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as a lead or group design manager working on consumer facing products and platforms.
- Exceptional leadership skills that include, but are not limited to selection, performance management, talent planning, and development and recognition.
- Strong social skills and a love for teamwork.
- Proven success in building successful design and research teams, strong people, customer and partner relationships.
- Consistent track record of solving problems, continuously improving systems and processes.
- In-depth knowledge in product research, design and development.
- Working knowledge of all relevant business relationships and partnerships within Blizzard.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to cultivate an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.