Pull up a chair and join us by the hearth! Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced Senior Concept Artist to work with the Hearthstone team on new and exciting content for our players. With 10 Mana Crystals at the ready, this individual’s many talents and creativity will help continue to add quality art to Hearthstone, building on the handcrafted and illustrative feel to the game. If you wish to be a part of a small, close-knit team of creatives whose greatest dream is to make valuable contributions to a game you feel passionately about, then we want to talk with you! Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
The Hearthstone team is looking for an experienced Senior Concept Artist to work on new and exciting content for our players. This individual’s many talents and creativity will help continue to add quality art to Hearthstone, building on the handcrafted and illustrative feel to the game. If you wish to be a part of a small, close-knit team of creatives whose greatest dream is to make valuable contributions to a game you feel passionately about, then we want to talk with you!
- Create 2D artwork to support the live game (Card Backs, Boards, UI elements, FX Storyboards and various other assets found in the existing game), applying Hearthstone’s whimsical take on World of Warcraft
- Help design new characters, environments and story elements for use in future expansions
- Mentor other artists on the team
- Implement artwork into the game client using Unity3d and Perforce
- Develop relationships with the design, engineering and UI teams to help maintain a “Gameplay First” approach to game development
- Strong understanding of Hearthstone's visual style and the facility to help drive its future from an artistic perspective
- Ability to quickly iterate on an idea, as well as take an asset to a final illustrated state
- In-depth knowledge of visual principles including form, shape, composition, design and how they relate to game development specifically
- Superior eye for lighting, value, color and details and the ability to use them in creating new artwork for Hearthstone events
- Self-motivated, collaborative, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work within a team with an eye to improving the player experience
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- A passion for games
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts including but not limited to painting, sculpture, figure drawing, illustration
- Passion for creating charming and lighthearted imagery
- Previous game production experience
- Interests in other areas of art for games (animation, FX, UI, etc.)
- Familiarity with the Warcraft universe
Application & Portfolio Materials
- Cover Letter (recommended)
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- Must be willing to complete an art test if required to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.