Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced infrastructure engineering leader to build a great product and team, inspire customers and partners, and take our hybrid-cloud platform to the next level. If you are excited about building modern, robust platforms and services, read on and apply today!
The technical lead of a cloud engineering team will contribute as part of a team of highly skilled engineers responsible for extending and growing our cloud platform. The lead will collaborate with engineers and leaders in the cloud program, as well as across the company to coordinate strategy and execution of program initiatives.
- Lead, manage, and mentor team of 4-6 engineers
- Lead research and development efforts of cloud product offerings
- Collaborate with customers and program managers on product development
- Document and share best practices with engineers across Blizzard
- Minimum of five years of professional full-stack engineering experience
- Minimum of five years of professional experience supporting large scale Linux environments
- Understanding of the software development life cycle, from commit through deploy
- Experience working in the Open Source ecosystem
- Strong background in cloud computing
- Understanding of modern HA and distributed architecture patterns
- Keen understanding of Agile software development with a heavy emphasis on delivery
- Experience managing high-performance teams and individuals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent experience
- Cover letter included in your submission, indicating:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard Entertainment
- Why this job appeals to you
- What games you are currently playing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience collaborating effectively in large multidisciplinary teams
- Experience developing back-end services using object-oriented programming languages
- Experience with private cloud solutions (e.g. OpenStack, VMware) and public cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Compute)
- Experience with container development and orchestration solutions such as Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, or Apache Mesos
- Passion for video games and online gaming platforms
- Contributions to open-source or personal projects
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.