Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented copywriter to join the CRM team to help us communicate the latest information, features, news, and more for all of Blizzard’s franchises, delivered to millions of players worldwide.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, deadline-driven, detail-oriented individual with a passion for excellence in communication and a dedication to consistently meeting team objectives. Excellent interpersonal skills and a wide-ranging knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment games are essential.
- Be the primary source of all written content in Blizzard’s email communications that are delivered directly to players.
- Evolve our CRM approach with creative ideas and new, unique ways to communicate with players.
- Establish best practices and style guidelines for email and CRM copy.
- Quickly and resourcefully find information and research topics, such as finding new information about game launches, patches, new features, community events, and more.
- Collaborate with other teams such as Public Relations (PR), Community, and Marketing Communications to develop cohesive messaging across multiple channels.
- Guide and develop our content strategy with the broader CRM team to create the best player experience possible.
- A minimum of 2 years writing, editorial, content marketing, or journalism experience
- Ability to fully grasp the unique characteristics and subtle nuances of a brand’s voice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with MS Office, including PowerPoint and advanced features of Word
- Able to focus and multitask in a fast-paced environment and with minimal supervision
- Able to exercise good independent judgment and discretion
- Knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment games and lore
- Strong knowledge of English grammar and usage, and solid proofreading skills
- Experience using style and grammar references, including AP and Chicago Manual of Style
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- Desire to learn and grow in the ever-changing digital marketing space
- A highly motivated, self-starting approach to work with very strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of CRM and or Digital Marketing best practices
- Content and / or digital marketing experience
- Web or email copywriting experience
- Familiarity with HTML
- Adobe Creative Suite experience
Other jobs in Writing / Editing
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.